JR KYUSHU TRAIN
Limited Express A-TRAIN
Named after a famous jazz tune, this is a train for adult travelers that like to reflect back on the good old days.
The theme behind this train was "the Southern European culture prevalent in Amakusa in 16th century. " Interior is constructed using dark tone woods and stained glass and will give you a feeling as if you are in a movie scene. This train will certainly provide you with a memorable jouyrney.
A-TRAIN BAR (Car-1)
How about spending some relaxing time with your favorite drink at the A-TRAIN BAR?
Seats are covered with fabric with classical patterns.
Booths with a large folding table and sofas are also available. There are window seats for children.
1Car-2: Sofa2Car-2: Booth3Car-2: Kids Chairs
The interior of Kyushu Shinkansen and D&S Train will be covered on Google Street View.
- A-TRAIN BAR (Car-1) is furnished with comfortable benches and sofas. Sit back and relax with your favorite drink.
- Stained glass
- Stained glass enhances the beautiful interior of the train. A famous jazz piece, “Take the ‘A’ Train,” arranged by Minoru Mukaiya plays in the background, setting the mood for your journey.
- Travel Passport
- All passengers will receive this passport. It is also has space for a stamp that will help you memorialize your trip.
- Photo services
- How about a photo holding the special panel? Cabin attendants will help you memorialize your trip. Please feel free to contact your cabin attendant.
- Dolphin Watching (operated by SEA CRUISE)
- You can watch cute Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphins swimming right in front of your eyes. If you are lucky, they may leap for you. Please contact SEA CRUISE for cruise departure time and fees.Please refer to this link for detail.
- Misumi Station
- The Misumi Station building renovations were timed to coincide with the launch of “A-TRAIN.” The Southern European-style building blends in with the many Catholic churches found in the Amakusa area. The Amakusa Takarajima Line terminal is located only a 2-minute walk from Misumi Station.
- Oe Cathedral
- This is a Romanesque-style cathedral that was built in 1933 by a priest named Garnier who dedicate his life to missionary work and his followers. It is said that the priest also influenced Tekkan Yosano, a Japanese author and poet.
Stops and timetable for the A-TRAIN and connection to Amakusa Takarajima Line cruises
3 round trips a day
As of January 2017