[Note] Please note that due to its double-decker configuration, steps are required to board “Yufuin no Mori.” Walkways on the train are narrow (550mm) which may not be wide enough for a wheelchair to pass through. If you may require use of a wheelchair, please advise JR staff in advance.
The interior of Kyushu Shinkansen and D&S Train will be covered on Google Street View.
- Minou Mountains
- You can enjoy a view of the Minou Mountains in the distance when traveling between Kurume and Hita.
- Snack Bar
- Bento lunch boxes and beverages as well as desserts are available at the Snack Bar. You can also purchase original souvenirs while on board. (Yufuin no Mori No. 3 and 4)
- Photo services
- Our cabin attendants will help you to make your trip a memorable journey. You can borrow a cabin attendant’s hat to for pictures.
- Jion-no-taki Falls
- After the train (bound for Yufuin) passes Amagase station, you will be able to see the Jion-no-taki Falls on your right. This waterfall is illuminated at night.
How about a boxed lunch filled with delicacies or very popular dessert from Yufuin? Popular foods from Yufuin are already available for you to sample while on board.
- Soybean Ice Cream
- You can try Soybean Ice Cream from the popular tofu restaurant "Yufuin Ichinoza."
310 yen (tax included)
- Yufuin Wappa Bento Lunch Box
- This colorful lunch is very popular among females.
720 yen (tax included)
- Kinriko Lake
- Hot spring and a crystal water stream up from the bottom of this lake. It is said that the lake water completely changes twice a day. The shrine gate in the lake was transferred from the Bussanji Temple under the Shinbutsu Hanzen (Shinto and Buddhist Separation) Order during the Meiji period.
- Musouen Hotel
- Refresh yourself in the simple alkaline mineral water tub that commands a panoramic view of Yufudake Mountain! The open-air tub for women is as large as 150 tatami mats. It is one of the largest open-air tubs in Yufuin. Relax with a spectacular view of Yufudake.
- Footbath (at Yufuin Station)
- You will find a footbath facility available on the Platform No. 1 at Yufuin Station. Sooth away the weariness of the journey with hot springs water directly from the source while waiting for a train.
Stops & Time Table
Hakata - Yufuin: 2 round trips a day Hakata - Beppu: 1 round trip a day/daily operation