JR KYUSHU TRAINS
Due to heavy rain, "Yufuin no Mori" operation between Teruoka station and Hita station is halted. It will be operating as an extra train between Hakata station and Yufuin station via Kokura/Oita station for an indefinite period of time. Please click here for details.(As of July 25, 2017)
Yufuin no Mori
Resort train that leads you to Yufuin, an exquisite hot springs resort
Yufuin is a hot springs resort surrounded by rich variety of nature. Experience its popular sophisticated culture and heartwarming treats. The JR train "yufuin no Mori" reflects the many charms of Yufuin. Once you step in the train, the warm yet modern wooden interior will make you feel like you are at a resort.
Any passenger can avail themselves of this space. Shortly before arriving at Yufuin, a cabin attendant will provide you with travel information on the resort. (Yufuin no Mori No. 3 and 4)
Passenger Cabin Enjoy a relaxing seat in the classical atmosphere. (Yufuin no Mori No. 3 and 4)
If there are of 3 to 4 in your traveling party, it is a good idea to reserve booth seats with a table. (Advance reservation required)
Car joining section
A bridge connects two cars.
[Note] Please note that due to its double-decker configuration, steps are required to board “Yufuin no Mori.” Walkways on the train are narrow (550mm) which may not be wide enough for a wheelchair to pass through. If you may require use of a wheelchair, please advise JR staff in advance.
The interior of Kyushu Shinkansen and D&S Train will be covered on Google Street View.
- Snack Bar
- Bento lunch boxes and beverages as well as desserts are available at the Snack Bar. You can also purchase original souvenirs while on board. (Yufuin no Mori No. 3 and 4)
- Photo services
- Our cabin attendants will help you to make your trip a memorable journey. You can borrow a cabin attendant’s hat to for pictures.
- Kinriko Lake
- Hot spring and a crystal water stream up from the bottom of this lake. It is said that the lake water completely changes twice a day. The shrine gate in the lake was transferred from the Bussanji Temple under the Shinbutsu Hanzen (Shinto and Buddhist Separation) Order during the Meiji period.
- Musouen Hotel
- Refresh yourself in the simple alkaline mineral water tub that commands a panoramic view of Yufudake Mountain! The open-air tub for women is as large as 150 tatami mats. It is one of the largest open-air tubs in Yufuin. Relax with a spectacular view of Yufudake.
- Footbath (at Yufuin Station)
- You will find a footbath facility available on the Platform No. 1 at Yufuin Station. Sooth away the weariness of the journey with hot springs water directly from the source while waiting for a train.
Due to heavy rain, "Yufuin no Mori" operation between Teruoka station and Hita station is halted. It will be operating as an extra train between Hakata station and Yufuin station via Kokura/Oita station for an indefinite period of time. (As of July 25, 2017)
Stops & Time Table
Hakata - Yufuin: 2 round trips a day / daily operation