JR KYUSHU TRAINS
Yufuin no Mori
Resort train that leads you to Yufuin, an exquisite hot springs resort
Yufuin is a hot springs resort surrounded by rich variety of nature. Experience its popular sophisticated culture and heartwarming treats. The JR train "yufuin no Mori" reflects the many charms of Yufuin. Once you step in the train, the warm yet modern wooden interior will make you feel like you are at a resort.
Any passenger can avail themselves of this space. Shortly before arriving at Yufuin, a cabin attendant will provide you with travel information on the resort. (Yufuin no Mori No. 3 and 4)
Passenger Cabin Enjoy a relaxing seat in the classical atmosphere. (Yufuin no Mori No. 3 and 4)
If there are of 3 to 4 in your traveling party, it is a good idea to reserve booth seats with a table. (Advance reservation required)
Car joining section
The double-decker carriages of the Yufuin no Mori, with their beautiful views, are linked by connecting bridges.
[Note] Please note that due to its double-decker configuration, steps are required to board “Yufuin no Mori.” Walkways on the train are narrow (550mm) which may not be wide enough for a wheelchair to pass through. If you may require use of a wheelchair, please advise JR staff in advance.
The interior of Kyushu Shinkansen and D&S Train will be covered on Google Street View.
- Minou Mountains
- You can enjoy a view of the Minou Mountains in the distance when traveling between Kurume and Hita.
- Jion-no-taki Falls
- After the train (bound for Yufuin) passes Amagase station, you will be able to see the Jion-no-taki Falls on your right. This waterfall is illuminated at night.
- Snack Bar
- Bento lunch boxes and beverages as well as desserts are available at the Snack Bar. You can also purchase original souvenirs while on board. (Yufuin no Mori No. 3 and 4)
- Photo services
- Our cabin attendants will help you to make your trip a memorable journey. You can borrow a cabin attendant’s hat to for pictures.
- Kinriko Lake
- Hot spring and a crystal water stream up from the bottom of this lake. It is said that the lake water completely changes twice a day. The shrine gate in the lake was transferred from the Bussanji Temple under the Shinbutsu Hanzen (Shinto and Buddhist Separation) Order during the Meiji period.
- Musouen Hotel
- Refresh yourself in the simple alkaline mineral water tub that commands a panoramic view of Yufudake Mountain! The open-air tub for women is as large as 150 tatami mats. It is one of the largest open-air tubs in Yufuin. Relax with a spectacular view of Yufudake.
- Footbath (at Yufuin Station)
- You will find a footbath facility available on the Platform No. 1 at Yufuin Station. Sooth away the weariness of the journey with hot springs water directly from the source while waiting for a train.
Stops & Time Table
Hakata - Yufuin: 2 round trips a day Hakata - Beppu: 1 round trip a day/daily operation
Click here for connection information.*Timetables may remain valid for only a few months.