JR KYUSHU Foreign Student Pass
- Northern Kyushu Area
- All Kyushu Area
*The Northern Kyushu Area consists of the area north of and including the Hohi Main Line connecting Kumamoto Station to Oita Station (including the Kagoshima Main Line, stations between Kumamoto Station and Uto Station, and the entire Misumi Line).
- Period of Sale and Use
- All year
*May also be purchased on the day of use.
- Vendor Locations
- JR KYUSHU stations
- How to Purchase
- Please present a “student residence card” and apply to purchase a pass at one of the vendor locations listed to the left of this section.
- ●The JR KYUSHU Foreign Student Pass can be used by foreign-national students who are residing in Japan to study abroad.
- ● When purchasing or using the pass, a “student residence card” must be presented.
- ● If the bearer does not have his/her “student residence card” on hand when using the trains, he/she must pay the applicable fares and fees.
- ● The following trains can be used with the pass:
★Northern Kyushu Area: Non-reserved seating on the JR Kyushu Kyushu Shinkansen (stations between Hakata and Kumamoto, Mizuho/Sakura/Tsubame）, Limited Express, Rapid trains, and Local trains.
★All Kyushu Area: Non-reserved seating on the JR Kyushu Kyushu Shinkansen (stations between Hakata and Kagoshima-Chuo, Mizuho/Sakura/Tsubame), Limited Express, Rapid trains, and Local trains.
- ● The bearer will be required to pay applicable fares incurred as a result of riding beyond the designated area.
- ● The pass cannot be used on the Sanyo Shinkansen “bullet” train and JR Kyushu buses.
- ● If the bearer wishes to travel in the “Green Carriage” or in a reserved seat in a standard carriage, he/she must purchase a Green or seat reservation ticket for use in addition to the pass.
- ● “Yufuin no Mori,” “A-TRAN,” “SL Hitoyoshi,” “Ibusuki no Tamatebako,” and the “KAWASEMI YAMASEMI (No. 3 to 6)” are all trains with reserved seating. When using these trains, please request a reserved fare ticket beforehand.
- ● When using “Aso boy!” panorama seats and the “KAWASEMI YAMASEMI” YAMASEMI bench seats, separate reserved fare tickets are required.
- ● When using the “SL Hitoyoshi,” a separate reserved fare ticket is required.
- ● No refunds will be made in the event that a train arrives late or goes out of service.
- ● The pass cannot be reissued if lost or stolen.
- ● Refunds will be issued for the pass only if it is returned to the place of purchase whilst within its period of validity and without having been used.
440yen will be charged as service commission,No refunds will be made in any other circumstances.
- ● The starting date for use of the pass may be changed once only, providing the pass has not yet been used and is still within its period of validity.
The pass may be exchanged once only for any other type of JR KYUSHU Foreign Student Pass, providing it has not yet been used and is still within its period of validity.
In such cases, any outstanding balance will be adjusted by payment or refund.
- ● In addition to these condition of use, the bearer is also required to follow the terms of carriage of the Kyushu Railway Company, and Japanese law.
- ● Any use of the pass in violation of these conditions of use of the terms of carriage of the Kyushu Railway Company will render it void and confiscated; and a sum of three times the fares and charges for the entire sections traveled will be collected.
- ● In any dispute regarding meaning, the Japanese version of these conditions of use shall take precedence over translations into other languages (English, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) and Korean).