How to collect your ticket
Ticket collection location
Please collect your ticket at JR-KYUSHU Ticket Offices or Ticket Machines.
- * Hakata Station and Kokura Station have Ticket Offices and Ticket Machines for both JR-KYUSHU and JR-WEST, and the tickets that can be collected from each are different. Please take careful note of which one to use.
- *Tickets cannot be collected at JR-HOKKAIDO, JR-EAST, JR-CENTRAL, or JR-SHIKOKU stations. Please take careful note of which one to use.
What you need to collect your ticket
- The credit card used for the payment when making the reservation
- Reservation No. (5-digit number starting with “6” you will have received on completion of the reservation)
- Identification No. (4-digit number nominated by the customer when making the reservation)
If collecting your tickets at the departure station, it will take time to collect the tickets and move to the platform. The Ticket Office may also be busy, so please allow plenty of time.
Important notes for ticket collection
- *If you do not have the credit card used for the payment when you reserved your ticket, you will not be able to pick up your ticket under any circumstances. In such cases, you will be asked to purchase the ticket you need for your journey anew.
(Fees will apply to refunds of the unissued reserved ticket.)
- *Only the person whose name appears on the credit card used for payment may collect the ticket.
- *If collecting the ticket on the day of departure, it is possible to collect the ticket just before the train departs. However, the Ticket Office can become very busy at certain times of the day, so it is best to arrive at the station with plenty of time to spare.
- *Be sure to collect your ticket before boarding the train. If you board the train without collecting your ticket, you will be asked to buy the ticket needed for your journey anew (with no discounts).
- *If you are unable to collect your ticket by the departure time of the train you have reserved, you can still collect it within opening hours on the same day.
(Please note that, depending on the ticket type, there may be some restrictions on how this is handled after departure of the reserved train.)
- *If your reservation is for a non-reserved seat, please collect your ticket by the date that you specified when you made the reservation, regardless of the term of validity of the ticket.
- *With certain exceptions, tickets cannot be collected from Ticket Machines inside the ticket gates (at transfer gates between local lines and the Shinkansen).