Just touch it against the automatic gate
and you can be on your way!
※The fare (adult) for the boading section will be automatically paid from card balance.
Can also be used over and over by recharging.
There is no expiration limit.
Can be used in Kyushu, of course,
but also in major areas all over Japan.
Can be used on railways/buses and at shops, etc. with themark.
*Cannot be used on Shinkansen.
You can shop with this card at places with this mark.
SUGOMON PASS selling price
3,000 yen（We will give you a card with the amount of 2,500 yen on it.）
【Attention when purchasing】
- ・This is an IC card only for foreign customers visiting Japan.
- ・It can only be purchased and used by persons holding a passport issued by governments other than that of Japan, and is limited to customers having a visa status corresponding to a "short-term stay."
- ・Please show your passport when purchasing this card.
- ・JR Kyushu Hakata Station Ticket Office
- ・JR Kyushu Kumamoto Station Ticket Office
- ・JTB Fukuoka Airport Global Counter (International Terminal 1F)
SUGOMON PASS is an IC card with benefits
available on presentation added to the IC card "SUGOCA" issued by JR KYUSHU.
The conditions of handling are based on the regulations for "SUGOCA."
Touch the SUGOMON PASS against the reader section of Automatic gate and pass through.
- Touch the SUGOMON PASS firmly against the card reader section with the blue light on.
Do not just pass the card over the reader section, hold the card against it horizontally for 1 second.
*Do not insert it into the ticket slot of the automatic gate.
If you insert the SUGOMON PASS into the ticket slot, it may be damaged.
- A message will be shown on the display.
The card balance and amount used, etc., will be displayed.
*The fare for one adult will automatically be paid. When using the card for children's fares (6 to under 12 years of age) please inform the station staff.
If you cannot go through the gate
If card balance is insufficient, or your entry/exit is not recorded correctly, etc., there will be a "beeping" sound, a red light will come on on the card reader section and you will not be able to pass through. Please check the display message.
＊In case that there is no staff at any non-manned station, please ask the staff when you use this card at manned station inside SUGOMON PASS available area next time.
- Please be sure to touch it against the automatic gate when entering or exiting. If you pass through without touching the gate, you will be unable to use it the next time. Be sure to touch the card against the Simple gate even at unmanned stations. When alighting at unmanned stations and on examination of tickets inside the train, the train staff may check your entry record.
- You cannot enter if the card balance is less than 10 yen.
How to recharge the card (add money) on automatic ticket vending machines withmark.
*The screen below is an example.
Insert SUGOMON PASS.
Press the "IC Card" button.
Press the button for the amount of money you wish to recharge.
Insert the amount in cash.
- You can recharge the card at automatic ticket vending machines, automatic fare adjustment machines and charging machines displaying themark. Recharging cannot be done at JR ticket offices.
- Recharging can only be done with cash. Recharging cannot be done with a credit card.
- Recharging cannot be done if the card balance will be over 20,000 yen.
- If you recharge an incorrect amount of money, please let the staff at the station gate or JR ticket office know. The amount that you incorrectly recharged will be refunded. After you have recharged to the card once, then recharge to the card again, or touched the automatic gate and entered/exited, or used it for shopping, and the card balance has been used, there will be absolutely no refunds of incorrectly recharged money amounts under any circumstances.
- In the case of charging machines on the platform, change will not be given. The amount that you enter will be added in its entirety.
- Refunds will be given at the counter below. When obtaining a refund, you will need to pay a handling fee (220 yen).
If the card balance is under 220 yen, we will only refund the 500 yen deposit.
Refund counter: JR Hakata Station Ticket Office, JR Kumamoto Station Ticket Office
Refunds are not available at JTB Fukuoka Airport Global Counter (International Terminal 1F).
- Lost cards will not be reissued.