JR Kyushu Rail Pass (Fukuoka Wide)
Eligibility for use
Non-Japanese citizens who are visiting Japan for the purpose of sightseeing and traveling on a short-stay visa.
- You must hold a passport issued by a country other than Japan.
- You must reside outside Japan and are visiting Japan on a short-stay visa(*).
Those who satisfy conditions 1 and 2 above.
*When entering Japan, please receive proof of "short-stay" with a stamp or seal on your passport. If you are using an automated gate when entering Japan、please offer to the airport staff and receive a certificate from your passport with a stamp or seal.
Types & Prices
|Pass Name||JR Kyushu Rail Pass (Fukuoka Wide)|
|Validity period||Consecutive 2 days|
The pass must be used on consecutive 2 days.
For example, such as 1th September and 3th, you may not use non-consecutive days (interval in-between).
(12 years and older)
*"Child" means 6 to 11 years old, and the age of the child is based on the date of purchase.
*It is free when under 2 children under 5 years old per 1 adult. In case that more than 3 children under 5 years old per 1 adult, need to purchase the new pass for child.
This pass can be used on non-reserved seats of Limited Express and Local trains operated by JR Kyushu in designated area only.
|Green car||Reserved seat||Non-reserved seat|
○…Available ×…Not available
"All" Shinkansen are not applicable.
Hakataminami line is not applicable.
Other than JR lines (for example Fukuoka city subway, Kitakyushu monorail...etc) are not applicable.
The pass cannot be used for the Cruise Train Seven Stars in Kyushu, JR Kyushu buses.
Applicable Limited Express (Non-reserved seat only)
|Train name||Applicable section|
|Limited Express Sonic||Hakata-Kokura-Yukuhashi||Details|
|Limited Express Kirameki||Hakata-Kokura/Mojikō||Details|
|Limited Express Kamome||Hakata-Tosu||Details|
|Limited Express Huis Ten Bosch||Hakata-Tosu||Details|
|Limited Express Midori||Hakata-Tosu||Details|
|Limited Express Yufu||Hakata-Kurume||Details|
*Limited Express Yufuin no Mori is not applicable due to "All" reserved seats.
How to confirm the "Non-reserved seat"
■Case of Limited Express
On non-reserved seats cars/sections, "自由席", "自由", "自", or "NONRESERVED" will be displayed. If any seats are open in non-reserved seats cars/sections, you may have a seat.
■Case of Rapid/Local trains
It is possible to go on board to all cars of train.
Conditions of use
- The bearer must show his or her passport to a conductor on request while using this pass.
- "This pass can be used for non-reserved seats of Limited Express and Local trains operated by JR Kyushu in designated area only. (Other than Kyushu Shinkansen, Sanyo Shinkansen)"
- Other than JR lines (for example Fukuoka city subway, Kitakyushu monorail...etc) are not applicable.
- If the bearer rides in a Reserved seat or Green car, the bearer will be required to pay applicable fees.
- The bearer will be required to pay applicable fees incurred as a result of riding beyond the designated area.
In Regard to Refund
【Before the travel start】
Refund is possible in that cases only below. A fee equivalent to 10％ of the issued value of the pass, in Japanese yen, will be charged for processing, and the remainder refunded.
- In case that not scratched off the usage date yet, and it is clearly recognized that the pass is before use.
- In case that offer the refund request until before day of usage date.
In addition, the stations that can refund the pass are as next:
JR Kyushu Hakata station, JR Kyushu Kokura station, Mojikō station
No refunds and changes are possible due to case that passengers make scratching mistake.
The pass cannot be reissued if lost or stolen.
【After the travel start】
No refunds will be charged.