JR KYUSHU TRAINS
Kamome (885 Series)
Be assured of comfortable and relaxing journey with luxurious and spacious seating
This sleek looking all-white train operates between Hakata and Nagasaki, is the 885 series model. The innovative and beautiful shape attracted manypassengers when it was first introduced. Sit back on a seat designed to provide maximum comfort and enjoy the peaceful scenery of the Saga Plain and Sea of Ariake until you arrive at your destination.
Green Car cabin
High-back black leather seats equipped with a white wooden table to a tranquil atmosphere.
Turn your seat around, pull out all the retractable tables to make one big table and enjoy some good conversation with your travel companions.
On-board souvenirs/bento lunch boxes
- Shao-mai Bento lunch Box
- This popular Bento lunch box includes steamed chicken rice and shao-mais, a specialty food from Tosu.
930 yen (tax included)
- Glover Garden
- There was a foreign settlement on top of the hill in Minami-Yamate that commanded a view of Nagasaki Harbour at the end of Samurai period. The house of a merchant, Thomas Blake Glover, is the oldest wooden western-style structure in Japan still in existence, and it is listed as an important cultural asset of Japan.
- Tsuru-chan Milk Shake
- Tsuru-chan was established in 1925 and is the oldest coffee shop in Kyushu.
This coffee shop created the Nagasaki-style milk shake. Its Turkish Rice is also popular.
- Mount Inasa Observatory
- Enjoy the spectacular "Ten Million Dollar Night View" of Nagasaki.
- Gunkanjima Cruise
- How about visiting a World Heritage candidate site? Hashima Island is located 19km off the Nagasaki Harbour. It is also called Gunkanjima (Battleship Island) from its resemblance to the battleship “Tosa.” Cruise passengers disembark at the Dolphin Pier.