The JR Kyushu Rail Pass is the perfect ticket for Kyushu sightseeing and travel. The pass enables passengers to board the Kyushu Shinkansen, the pride of JR Kyushu, D&S (Design&Story) trains and other local rapid trains, as often as they like while the pass is valid. （The JR Kyushu Rail Passes are valid only in the areas covered by each pass. ） Kyushu has many sightseeing destinations, such as Beppu's hot spring resorts, Mt. Aso in Kumamoto Prefecture, and Sakurajima in Kagoshima . Make the most of this ticket to enjoy all of Kyushu to your satisfaction.
Ride as many times as you like throughout the designated Kyushu area, on local, limited express and Kyushu Shinkansen “bullet” trains.
Children (aged 6 to 11) half adult price
① For a JR Kyushu Rail Pass purchased for a child in Japan, the age of the child is taken to be his or her age on the date the pass is first used.
② For an MCO (an exchange voucher for a JR Kyushu Rail Pass) purchased for a child overseas, the age of the child is taken to be his or her age on the date the MCO is purchased.
You cannot ride the Sanyo Shinkansen (section between Hakata and Kokura).
Conditions of sale
A tourist visiting Japan from abroad for sightseeing under the entry status of “temporary visitor”.
(Who is eligible?)
|①||Anyone with a passport issued by a government other than Japan|
|②||Anyone who does not reside in Japan and is a tourist from abroad with “temporary visitor” status|
|③||A Japanese person who satisfies all of the conditions below is also eligible to purchase a Kyushu Rail Pass.|
● Any person with Japanese nationality who is permanently resident overseas
● That person has purchased an exchange ticket overseas
● That person has flight or other ticket for departure from Japan within 3 months
A JR Kyushu Rail Pass will only be issued to a Japanese person when the above 3 points can be confirmed.
JR Kyushu Rail Pass exchange tickets can be purchased from
Points of sale:
overseas branches and agents of Japan Airlines, All Nippon Airways, Japan Travel Bureau, Nippon Travel Agency, Kintetsu International, TOP TOUR, JALPAK, and JR Kyushu Jet Ferry, as well as Tourbaksa, KORAIL, Package Tour, Hana Tour, Cosmo Travel, Yes Trip, EGL Tours and Korea Railroad Corporation (Branches, outlets, etc. of these companies within Japan do not sell JR Kyushu Rail Pass exchange tickets)
After arriving in Japan, please present your exchange ticket(s) at one of the exchange sites listed below to receive your JR Kyushu Rail Pass(es).
Northern Kyushu Area Passes
(3-day and 5-day passes) Branches of JR Kyushu Travel: Kokura, Hakata, Saga, Nagasaki, Oita and Kumamoto; stations: Mojiko (including Travel Center), Kokura (including Travel Center), Hakata, Saga, Nagasaki, Beppu (including Travel Center), Oita and Kumamoto.
All Kyushu Area Passes
(3-day and 5-day passes) Branches of JR Kyushu Travel: Kokura, Hakata, Saga, Nagasaki, Oita, Kumamoto, Kagoshima and Miyazaki; stations: Mojiko (including Travel Center), Kokura (including Travel Center), Hakata, Saga, Nagasaki, Beppu (including Travel Center), Oita, Kumamoto, Kagoshima Chuo, Miyazaki and Miyazaki Kuko (Miyazaki Airport).
Exchange ticket validity:
Three months from issue
- The purchaser must be the user of passes. (No one is allowed to purchase passes for others.)
- The valid periods of use for purchased passes must not overlap.
Conditions of use
- Only the person whose name is inscribed on the face of the pass can use it.
- The holder must carry a valid passport when using the pass.
- The pass can be used for both reserved and unreserved seats on standard railcars of the Kyushu Railway Co. Kyushu Shinkansen, and limited express, rapid transit and ordinary trains, within the designated area for that pass.
- The pass cannot be used on sleeper trains, JR Kyushu buses, B&S Miyazaki, Aso Yufu Kogen buses or Cruise Train “Seven Stars in Kyushu”.
- You cannot ride the Sanyo Shinkansen (section between Hakata and Kokura).
- If the holder travels on a Green Car, the Green Car charge will be assessed in addition to the ordinary express charge. The pass cannot be used for private compartments.
- The pass cannot be used for fares on connecting or other train lines not operated by Kyushu Railway Co.
- The holder will be required to pay applicable fares incurred as a result of riding beyond the designated area for this pass.
- No refund can be made even if there are no available reserved seats and the holder must use non-reserved seating.