The JR Kyushu Rail Pass is the perfect ticket for Kyushu sightseeing and travel. The use of this pass enables passengers to board the Kyushu Shinkansen, the pride of JR Kyushu, and the Sonic, a limited express, as often as they like while the pass is valid. Ticket holders also can use any Kyushu Railway Co. trains as often as they like while the pass is valid.（The JR Kyushu Rail Passes are valid only in the areas covered by each pass. ） Kyushu has many sightseeing destinations, such as Beppu's hot spring resorts, Mt. Aso in Kumamoto Prefecture, and Sakurajima in Kagoshima . Make the most of this ticket to enjoy all of Kyushu to your satisfaction.
Ride as many times as you like throughout the designated Kyushu area, on local, limited express and Kyushu Shinkansen “bullet” trains.
(Children age 6 to 11 : half price, children under 5 : free)
Children who are age 6 through 11 as of the date on which the exchange order is issued are eligible for Child Pass prices.
Conditions of sale
A tourist visiting Japan from abroad for sightseeing under the entry status of “temporary visitor”.
(Who is eligible?)
|①||Anyone with a passport issued by a government other than Japan|
|②||Anyone who does not reside in Japan and is a tourist from abroad with “temporary visitor” status|
|A Japanese person who satisfies one of the conditions below is also eligible to purchase a Kyushu Rail Pass.|
Any Japanese person who is a permanent resident of any country other than Japan
|In the cases of ③ above, JR Kyushu Rail Passes cannot be purchased within Japan. Please be certain to purchase an exchange ticket at a point of sale (tour companies, etc.) outside Japan.|
The purchase method of an overseas
Applications are available at Japan Airlines, All Nippon Airways, Japan Travel Bureau, Nippon Travel Agency, Kintetsu International, TOP TOUR, JALPAK offices, JR Kyushu Jet Ferry, the aforementioned companies’ branches and agents outside of Japan. You will receive an exchange ticket, which you can exchange for your rail pass in Japan.
There are no sales of these items at their branches or shops in Japan.
Exchange ticket validity: Three months from issue
Exchange sites: Hakata Station, Kokura Station, Mojiko Station; JR kyushu Travel Agency offices in Kokura, Hakata, Kumamoto, Saga, Nagasaki, Oita, Kagoshima Chuo, Miyazaki and Miyazaki Airport stations; and the Beppu Station Travel Center.
※JR Kyushu Rail Passes (Northern Kyushu Area) are not available at JR Kyushu Travel Agency offices in Kagoshima or Miyazaki, Kagoshima Chuo Station, Miyazaki Station, or Miyazaki-kuko-eki (Miyazaki airport) Station.
- The purchase method in Japan (Kyushu area)
- In the case both conditions ① and ② above are satisfied, JR Kyushu Rail Passes can be purchased at the following points of sale in Japan.
- Points of Sale for the All Kyushu Area Pass
- JR Kyushu Travel Agency at Kokura, Hakata, Kumamoto, Saga, Nagasaki, Oita, Kagoshima, Miyazaki and Miyazaki Airport;Hakata Station, Kokura Station, Mojiko Station;Travel Center in Beppu Station; and the Beetle Counter of Hakata Port International Terminal;TISCO Travel Information Center at Fukuoka Airport International Airline 1F
- Points of Sale for the Northern Kyushu Area Pass
- JR Kyushu Travel Agency at Kokura, Hakata, Kumamoto, Saga, Nagasaki and Oita; Hakata Station, Kokura Station, Mojiko Station;Travel Center in Beppu Station; and the Beetle Counter of Hakata Port International Terminal;TISCO Travel Information Center at Fukuoka Airport International Airline 1F
- Multiple passes per person may be purchased only if you satisfy the two following conditions:
- The purchaser must be the user of passes. (No one is allowed to purchase passes for others.)
- The valid periods of use for purchased passes must not overlap.
Conditions of use
- Only the person whose name is inscribed on the face of the pass can use it.
- The holder must carry a valid passport when using the pass.
- The pass can be used on limited express trains, Kyushu Shinkansen of the Kyushu Railway Co., in ordinary reserved and non-reserved seating, and on ordinary trains of the Kyushu Railway Co. in the designated area for the pass.
- The pass cannot be used on sleeper trains, the Sanyo Shinkansen “bullet” train, or JR Kyushu buses.
- If the holder travels on a Green Car, the Green Car charge will be assessed in addition to the ordinary express charge. The pass cannot be used for private compartments.
- The pass cannot be used for fares on connecting or other train lines not operated by Kyushu Railway Co.
- The holder will be required to pay applicable fares incurred as a result of riding beyond the designated area for this pass.
- No refund can be made even if there are no available reserved seats and the holder must use non-reserved seating.